"Temporary bookings" are bookings that have not been directly saved into your ResBook calendar. They occur when there is interference during the credit card verification process whilst guest(s) makes a booking.
ResBook will be able to capture these booking entries and record under Bookings > Temporary List.
Instances of temporary instant bookings made by the guest(s) are rare and occur due to multiple reasons such as:
- A bad connection
- Time-out errors
- A breakdown in system communication between DPS payment gateway and ResBook such as:
- if the credit card details entered is incorrect.
- if the card was not a valid card type.
- if the credit card transaction has yet to be approved by their bank.
- the customer's credit card issuing merchant bank had not immediately approved the credit card transaction and this has caused a delay in the booking being confirmed in ResBook.
These bookings, unfortunately, do not get saved in ResBook.
In the likelihood of receiving a temporary booking, then:
- Check your DPS account and see if a payment has been processed,
- Contact the customer for further information if required,
- Update the booking to the correct status accordingly in ResBook.
To update the booking, cancel the booking and [SAVE] it:
Then re-accept the canceled booking by selecting the same dropdown box and click 'New Request' and [SAVE] the booking.