Before you push your Stock Units to Airbnb, you need to make sure that your Stock Units have all the necessary information that Airbnb requires. Please keep in mind, all of the Airbnb content, including descriptions and pictures, has to be set up on ResBook first. The content will be pulled from the information you have entered in ResBook. This step is necessary for all properties which want to use the ResBook - Airbnb direct connection, including the ones with existing listings.
In ResBook (Steps 2 - 6)
Step 2) Setting up rooms/content in ResBook
Before you push your stock units to Airbnb, you need to make sure, that your stock units have all the necessary information that Airbnb requires. Please keep in mind, all of the Airbnb content, including descriptions and pictures, has to be setup on ResBook first. The content will be pulled from the information you have entered in ResBook.
See below for how to optimize your content for Airbnb:
A. Accommodation type
This can be set up under ResBook > Settings > Stock Configuration > select a Stock unit > Type
The information entered here will be displayed on your Airbnb listing so it needs to be carefully completed with relevant information.
B. Email Address
This can be set up under Settings > System Settings > Address and Contact
Ensure the email listed under “Address and Contact” is the same as the one you’ll use for your Airbnb account.
C. Stock unit details - Minimum Requirements
Ensure all of the below information is up to date and capture the interest of potential guest:
- Listing Name (a minimum of eight characters for the stock unit name)
- Description (a description with more than fifty characters)
- Images (a minimum of seven high-resolution photos, min. 1200x800px)
- Physical Address with GPS coordinates
- Bedding Configuration (only number of beds is supported)
- Room Features/Property Amenities (five or more selected amenities, at this stage we are supporting only a selected number of amenities, however, we are working hard on bringing you the full list of amenities in the future)
D. Check in/Check out
This can be set up under Settings > System Settings > General Settings
Note, Airbnb does not support setting half-hour intervals for Check In / Check Out times. If you select a time slot that is on the half-hour it will be rounded up or down by Airbnb.
Step 3) Setting up Rate Plans
For basic rate setup (without extra adult rates) go to Settings > Stock configurations > Rates and click here
Adult Extra Rates are now supported in the integration and can be set up under the settings in ResBook > Settings > Portals > Airbnb.
Note: Airbnb does not support Extra child rates.
Step 4) Setting up Security Deposit
For further information on how to set up the Security Deposit click here
Step 5) Setting up Cleaning Fee (Housekeeping module needs to be part of your subscription)
To add a cleaning fee, head to the “Housekeeping” button in the top menu bar, click on “Cleaning” in the drop-down box and follow the steps in the 2 Articles below.
* If you are pushing a listing to Airbnb for the first time from ResBook, you will need to create the Cleaning service as a New Stay.
* If you are editing a cleaning fee for an existing Airbnb listing which is already connected via ResBook, the Airbnb Cleaning can be selected in ResBook > Settings > Stock Configurations > [select a specific stock unit] > Housekeeping > Airbnb Cleaning Fee
Note: You will need the Housekeeping module to set up cleaning fees on Airbnb. If you cannot locate it in your ResBook, contact us at email@example.com.
Step 6) Push listings through to Airbnb (to get the listings Approved before)
Once, all the minimum reuirements are set up for all your stock units in ResBook, you can push the listings to Airbnb.
Go to ResBook > Settings > Portals > Airbnb
- Turn the connection On
- Fill out the Account No.
- Select your Airbnb cancellation policy
- Assign Airbnb Agent (Optional, For further information on how to create an Agent click here)
- Select the Stock unit that you wish to push to Airbnb (one at a time) > click on the slider next to the stock units name.
- ResBook will now push the stock unit to Airbnb and create a listing with the stock unit name, features, photos, description, number of beds and number of bathrooms and address with GPS coordinates
- Airbnb will send ResBook the listing ID
Step 7) Approval email from Airbnb
Wait for an approval email from Airbnb, that your listing has been approved and you are ready to publish them (at this stage, please DO NOT publish the listings, and proceed to Airbnb Connection Guide Part 3)
All listings must meet a minimum set of criteria prior to being live on Airbnb. The process of evaluating the minimum criteria may take up to 3 business days. You will be notified via email once your listings have been reviewed.
Please note, your listings will be automatically REJECTED, if they have:
- LESS than 8 characters in the "Title" field
- LESS than 50 characters in the listing description
- LESS than 7 images
- Images UNDER 1200x800 pixels
- LESS than 5 amenities selected
- LESS than 30 days of availability over the next 12-month period
If your listing was rejected, you will have an opportunity to modify the content and resubmit.
Note: This is not the final step. When you received the Email from Airbnb, that your listing has been approved, DO NOT PUBLISH the listing automatically, but proceed to Airbnb Connection Guide Part 3