Resbook is an online system with the ability to receive bookings from multiple sources. The three main sources how a booking can be added are, via your own website, a manual entry into the system or through a channel manager (e.g. Resonline) which in turn connects to multiple channels across the globe.
The calendar displayed on your website is a direct feed from your ResBook and therefore has a near zero probability for multiple bookings to be fed through to the same inventory. Same applies for manual bookings made or bookings made through your quote.
If you suspect that you have received a double booking from your website or via a quote you sent out to a potential guest then always check the status of the booking in ResBook. Chances are that the booking will have come in as a 'New Request' in which case the guest will have been informed that it is not a confirmed booking.
A channel manager is a better option than updating inventory on different channels individually. However, if you suspect there the chance for a double booking, here is what you can do:
- Always keep some inventory in hand (do not add all your inventory to the channel manager)
- Regularly check the inventory on your channel manager to ensure it is correct
- Check the guest details to ensure that the two bookings are not from the same guest
- If one of the booking is from your website then check the status to confirm that it is not just a request that can be cancelled
- If the both the bookings are from the channel manager then move one of the bookings to a vacant room (not connected to the CM) and contact the channel manager support team
- If you need to contact us, provide as much information, include information about both the bookings to reduce turnaround time.