Treat Loyal, Existing, or Brand New Customers To a Discount Through The Use of Promo Codes!
ResBook has the ability to create Promo Codes for you to distribute to your customers. Promo Codes are a great way for you to drive business during the quiet periods of the year.
Promo Codes can be customised in multiple ways depending on what you want to offer to your Customers, and they are simple to create and apply to your bookings. Whether you want to offer a fixed amount, or a percentage discount, Promo Codes will make booking with you more attractive.
To Create Promo Codes, Follow these steps:
- Log into ResBook, and then go into Settings > Stock Configuration > Promo Codes
- Click on the button. This will bring up the following screen:
- Click on the [Generate Code] button to generate your 6 character Promo Code (Custom Codes Not Yet Available)
- Enter the Start Date and the End Date. This will determine how long the Promo Code will be valid when entered.
- Add a description, and then select which days of the week your Promo Code can be usable.
- If you want to have a period/multiple periods in which your Promo Code isn't valid, you can enter those in under the "Exclude Dates" heading. Here's an example:
- Next, you need to enter a "Usage Limit". This will determine if a customer can use the Promo Code an unlimited amount of times, or they can only use it a limited amount of times.
- Following this, you will need to select the "Promo Type". If you have decided to make your Promotion a Fixed Price Discount, or you have decided to make it a Percentage Discount; enter it here.
- If you want to enter a Fixed Price, only enter the numerical value without the $ symbol. (Note: Please be aware that a fixed value discount will be applied to Each Night)
- If you want to enter a Percentage, ensure that it is only 2 figures and don't include the % sign.
- Now, you can select if you want to make the Promo Code apply to Stock Units that currently have special rates attached to it. Also you can decided if Promo Codes will apply to discounts in Services that the client selects on their booking.
- Finally, you can decide which of your Stock Units you want to apply the Promo Code too. You can select all your Stock Units, or just one. Once you have selected which Stock Units you want attached to your Promo Code, click on the [Save] button to make the Promo Code active.
Once you have finished this, you should see your Promo Code sitting there. However, if you can not see your Promo Code listed, Don't Worry!
Go to the top of the page and click on the [Start Date] and [End Date] and change the date selection to that of your Promo Code, and then click [Search]. It will then appear listed below.
This article will help you to start creating Promo Codes and distributing them to your customers.