After understanding how bookings are made and payments are processed online, we go one step further to inform you about payment procedures and things you may encounter while transacting on a daily basis:
- Processing credit card payment
- Retrieving a different set of credit card details in order to complete a booking transaction
- Identifying and retrieving the Booking ID through Direct Payment Express
- Issuing Refunds
- Common Reasons why credit cards decline
Process credit card payment
1. For an existing booking in ResBook, copy the Booking ID and Click on [ResPay].
2. Enter the Booking ID > Load
3. The Payments page will load up with the booking name and stated amount. If payment was taken previously for this booking, the balance will be calculated in the "Amount" field. This amount includes all services attached to this booking.
4. Verify the amount that you wish to charge the guest before proceeding to accept the transaction agreement and [PROCESS] the credit card.
5. The transaction is approved and the amount is charged.
6. Payment Confirmation (ResPay) E-mail is sent to the guest to confirm the payment taken.
Note: Credit card details will be expunged from the system 7 days after guests depart the property. This grace period allows you to inspect your property in case damages may need to be on-charged.