ResBook offers users the ability to generate and send out Agent statements with booking information that is generated for a particular Agent.
For users to successfully generate an Agent statement with all information displayed, the following three (3) actions must be taken first:
1. Create an Agent contact - The Contact type created in the CRM must be assigned to 'Agent'.
2. Assign the Agent to the booking - The Agent will need to be assigned to the booking under the 'Agent' tab.
3. Setup the Agent statement email template - The Email template module must be activated and Agent statement email template personalised with the required information.
To use the Agent statements functionality follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Use the navigation menu across the top of the ResBook site and select [Contacts].
Step 2: Filter by Agent or Search for the Agent name in the search bar.
Step 3: Locate the [Agent] in the search bar and then Click on [Statement] in the Agent Contact.
Step 4: The below actions can then be performed:
Step 4a: To VIEW the statements for the following 7 days they will appear automatically when clicking on [Statement] first time.
Step 4b: To DISPLAY statements for specific dates, select the dates and click [DISPLAY] to show all bookings assigned to the Agent for the selected dates.
Step 4c: To EXPORT the file as a CSV, click [Export].
Step 4d: To PRINT the statement as a pdf. first, download it, then click [PRINT].
Step 4e: To EMAIL, the statement select [EMAIL] and fill in the required information then click [SEND EMAIL].
- Windows 10 users and Excel 2016 users will need to adjust the following settings in order to view CSV files correctly. Go to the following page to find out how to make these changes: http://www.webspring.nz/news/Windows-10-Excel-Save-to-CSV-Problem-How-to-Correct-It
- In VIEW and DISPLAY, Users have the choice of deciding the order of how Agent Statements are displayed. This can be sorted alphabetically, by Booking ID number, Booking Name, Arrival or Departure dates.
- Agent statements will take rates directly from the booking as a default. This will apply to the booking total, net total, balance due, and payments received. However, if a booking has had an invoiced raised, then the agent statement for that booking will take from the invoice rather than the booking.
- Changes in rates will then change. In the booking by default, housekeeping and utilities are not added to the booking. However, in the invoice, this is added. Also in the invoice, the agent commission is already subtracted from the booking total, to which then housekeeping and utilities will be added after that to give a new booking total. Any payments that have been made, or get made after an invoice for a booking has been raised, will then subtract from the new booking total.